Freestanding or Wall Mount Vanity? What works best for my bathroom?
on Feb 20, 2020
Having the perfect vanity for your bathroom is essential. It’s important because it helps you get through the everyday morning rush. But that’s not it. There’s more to a vanity unit than just providing enough storage space to navigate through when looking for toiletries. It also adds to the look and feel of the bathroom. And if you are particular about your décor style, then you can’t just install any vanity unit. You need to consider the functionality, form, and appearance of vanity cabinets before putting it up in your bathroom.
Although there are many options of vanity units, it usually comes down to two basic vanity options, freestanding and wall mounted. Homeowners draw a comparison between these two choices to pick out the right sink cabinet for their bathroom. But for perfectionists, making this choice can be exhausting. Therefore, to help picky connoisseurs decide on a vanity style for their bathroom, we have carefully put together a list of pros and cons, so that they can make the right call.
A wall mount vanity has quite a few advantages.
- First of all, it is contemporary, and so it fits effortlessly into all modern bathrooms.
- Secondly, it gives easy access to the floor so you can clean your bathroom floor without hassle. Just a vacuum or mop run, and you are good to go.
- If you have used sleek plumbing fixtures, then a wall hung vanity helps you show it off.
- Wall hung vanity is the right choice for minimalists. It keeps your bathroom spacious while providing ample storage space.
- You can show off your tiles easily. Since wall hung vanity units come in different shapes and sizes, so you get the liberty to keep your tiles uncovered.
- Since wall hung vanity is attached directly to the wall, it needs structural ability. A weak support structure can collapse the entire vanity unit.
- It may be challenging to place a wall vanity because of existing plumbing. You might not have enough wall space or options to put up the unit.
- Freestanding vanity is evergreen. It works well with multiple bathroom styles, traditional or modern.
- It offers plenty of storage space.
- Freestanding vanity helps you cover up any embarrassing old plumbing fixtures that you might have.
- Since freestanding vanity stands directly on the floor, it reduces the cleaning space for you — no underneath space, no need for cleaning.
- Easy installation, you don’t need an expert to place a freestanding vanity. All you need to do is put the unit wherever there is space.
- Freestanding vanity can take up a lot of space. It’s not the best option for you if you want a spacious looking bathroom.
- In the presence of a freestanding vanity, your bathroom can appear crammed up.
Choosing between a freestanding or wall hung vanity comes down to your personal preferences. All we can suggest to you is that if you want to go for the classical choice, then freestanding vanity is for you. But if you want to go for the modern, sleek option then without a second thought, choose the wall-mount vanity.
Both are great choices; all you need to consider is the look and feel of your bathroom space.