Light or Dark Colours for My Bathroom
on May 13, 2022
When it comes to choosing the best colour for your bathroom, the most difficult decision is to opt between light or dark colours. The process involves several factors that need to be considered before making your final choice.
You can paint your bathroom in both light and dark colours. But, if you have a small bathroom, light is the most recommended colour. On the other hand, you can go for a contrasting look and choose a darker colour if your bathrooms floor tiles are brightly coloured, or vice versa.
Let's look at some of the primary factors you need to consider when choosing the colour for your bathroom and learn when to go for a light or dark colour for your bathroom.
What Factors to Consider When Choosing the Colour of Your Bathroom
Before we get into the details of when to select light or dark colours for a bathroom, let’s take a look at some of the factors that you should consider when choosing your bathroom colour.
- The size of your bathroom,
- The type of bathroom you have,
- The colour scheme of furniture and fixtures in your existing bathroom,
- The number, size, and location of windows in your bathroom, and
- The lighting fixtures and bathroom accessories.
When to Use a Light Colour For Your Bathroom
Here are some instances when choosing a light colour for your bathroom is your best bet.
- You prefer to keep things light and simple.
- You have a small bathroom size.
- If you prefer to dress up and do your make up in the bathroom.
- You want to give a more modern feel and look to your bathroom.
- A light colour complements your bathroom’s fixtures, fittings, and accessories.
When to Use a Dark Colour For Your Bathroom
Below are some situations that make choosing a dark colour for your bathroom a great choice.
- If you like bold and dark colours for your home’s interior.
- If you have a large, broad bathroom.
- If you won’t be doing much dressing up or doing your makeup in the bathroom.
- When the dimensions of your bathroom are not in proportion, and you want to create a more symmetrical look in your bathroom, painting a dark colour can make your bathroom appear more proportionate.
- If a darker tone complements the interior design of your bathroom.
- If your bathroom has two or more large windows.
Depending upon your preference and taste, you can opt for both light or dark colours for your bathroom, but it is best to go for a lighter colour as they tend to bring positive energy and also make your bathroom appear larger.
To learn more about bathroom renovation and remodelling, get in touch with Allure Bathrooms, where style meets value.